With OneSaas, you're able to setup your complete integration within minutes using our simple setup process. Below is a step by step walk through, highlighting some useful key points throughout the process:
Begin here by connecting the systems you're looking to integrate. If you haven't already connected your apps, you can follow our guides to integrate Magento and Quickbooks Online. Select Configure to move forward.
The configuration process described below is for a standard integration between Magento and Quickbooks Online. If you are also connecting a third app, then you'll have to configure this as you go through the setup process.
Please never hesitate to reach out to our friendly support team for help at any point in time.
1. Start the configuration process by selecting the first workflow, to sync Magento orders into Quickbooks Online, as shown below:
2. An Advanced Settings window will pop-up:
- Transaction Prefix
The prefix you input here is added to all your orders retrieved from this Magento account. For example: if you have order '1234' in Magento and you add the prefix 'Mag-' in the configuration, your order will be retrieved into OneSaas with the order number 'Mag-1234' and sent to Quickbooks Online accordingly.
This prefix can be configured separately for multiple Magento connections, to make it easier to identify the source of each invoice in Quickbooks Online.
Tip: The Order Number Prefix is limited to 4 characters!
- Default Currency
You must select the default currency of your online store.
- Shipping, Discount and Surcharge Products
The shipping and discount products are used by OneSaas to represent all shipping / discount values on orders. You can either select one from the already existing inventory list or create a new item by clicking on the '+' button. You can read more about how this works here.
- Order Status Filters
Select the order statuses you'd like OneSaas to retrieve from Magento and send to Quickbooks Online. Click on Save Changes.
3. You'll be now redirected to the first page of the configuration to select additional workflows:
3.1 The first option allows you to select how you want your Magento orders to be sent to Quickbooks Online. The two options are Sales Invoice or Sales Receipt. Please select the appropriate option for your business.
3.2 At the second configuration option, you can select how the orders should appear in Quickbooks Online: the Original Customer, the Customer's Organization (Company) or a single Online Sale customer. You can read more details about this here.
3.3 Select this option if you want OneSaas to automatically create your Magento items in Quickbooks Online. The products will only be created if they do not already exist in Quickbooks Online. Please be sure to read our guide to data matching here if your products are already setup in Quickbooks Online, to prevent duplicates from being created.
Please note that in this scenario items are matched between Magento SKU / Product Code to Quickbooks Online Product Name.
3.4 Select the option to sync payment details from Magento to Quickbooks Online, if you wish OneSaas to automatically transfer the payment details.
Click on Next.
4. You'll be taken to the tax configuration page:
Here, for each tax created / defined in your Magento, you must select it's correspondent tax in Quickbooks Online. You can read more about the tax configuration here. Click on Next to continue once you are done.
5. The next page will require you to map the payments from Magento to a Quickbooks Online account.
Additional details about the payment mapping can be found here. Click on Next.
6. Here you must select your Home County and choose how you wish orders to be sent to Quickbooks Online. They can be posted individually or as daily summaries to Quickbooks Online. Hit Next to continue.
7. Select the option at this step, if you wish OneSaas to automatically update your stock from Quickbooks Online to Magento. Please note that if your items are not setup accordingly in Quickbooks Online then this option will overwrite your Magento stock with 0. Click on Next.
8. The Transaction Settings allow you to select the automatic invoice number, the default due date, default tax code for invoices and non-taxable products.
- Automatic Invoice Number
By selecting this option OneSaas will allow your accounting system to assign an automatic invoice number, e.g. to adhere to sequential invoice number rules, rather than using the invoice number provided by Magento.
- Default Due Date Offset
Default Due Date offset for new transactions that have no Due Date.
This option will never override DueDates received from other systems.
9. On the Items Settings configuration page, you'll have to select the income and expense accounts to be used for inventoried and non inventoried items. To read more about the products setup please click here.
Please note that if your Quickbooks Online does not have 'Quantity On-Hand' available, you will not be able to create items in your Quickbooks Online as inventoried.
10. You've now reach the final page where you can review your configuration, set the integration start date, select your timezone and the automatic synchronization. Please note that you must agree to the OneSaas user agreement terms and conditions before you can trigger your first synchronization.
OneSaas should now be syncing. As soon as this is done, you're able to use our review page to fix up any remaining configuration changes you weren't able to get to. For example, if you weren't able to map your tax's initially, you can do so now! Once everything is good to go, you should see a big green tick indicating you're ready to move forward. Please select Preview to continue.
Finally, you're able to see the data that we were able to pull into OneSaas. For example, in the screenshot below you can see an invoice that were were able to pull in from your Magento store. If you're happy with everything, select Send Data & Finish to push your data as configured by yourself.
You should now see another sync running. However, this time instead of just pulling your data into OneSaas, we're pushing it too. Once the sync is completed, you'll be taken to review your first report. Once you've had a look you can either upgrade to a paid plan or continue with the free trial.