With OneSaas, you're able to setup your complete integration between Salesforce and Quickbooks Online within minutes using our simple setup process. Below is a step by step walk through, highlighting some useful key points throughout the process:
I. Synchronize data from Salesforce into Quickbooks Online
II. Synchronize data from Quickbooks Online into Salesforce
III. Final settings for the integration
- Retrieve & Validate
- Send & Finish
Begin here by connecting the systems you're looking to integrate. If you haven't already connected your apps, you can follow our guides to integrate Salesforce and Quickbooks Online. Select Configure to move forward.
The configuration process described below is for a standard integration between Salesforce and Quickbooks Online. If you are also connecting a third app, then you'll have to configure this as you go through the setup process.
Please never hesitate to reach out to our friendly support team for help at any point in time.
If you only wish to sync data from Quickbooks Online into Salesforce, then please click on the Quickbooks Online logo in the configuration and here to skip part I of the configuration.
- Start the configuration process by selecting one of the available workflows, to sync Salesforce opportunities or orders into Quickbooks Online, as shown below:
- Now select additional workflows:
- The first option allows you to select how you want your Salesforce transactions to be sent to Quickbooks Online. The options are Sales Invoice or Sales Receipt. Please select the appropriate option for your business.
- At the second configuration option, you can select how the invoices should appear in Quickbooks Online: with the Original Customer, the Customer's Organization (Company) or a single Online Sale customer. You can read more details about this here.
- Select this option if you want OneSaas to automatically create your Salesforce items in Quickbooks Online. The products will only be created if they do not already exist in Quickbooks Online.
- Please note that in this scenario items are matched between Salesforce SKU / Product Code to Quickbooks Online Product Name.
- You'll be taken to the tax configuration page:Here, you can choose to import taxes as reported by Salesforce or calculate them based on item tax setup in Quickbooks Online. Click on Next to continue once you are done.
- At this step you can select how your invoices should be sent to Quickbooks Online. As individual invoices or as daily summaries. You can read more about the daily summaries option in this guide. Click on Next to go to the following step.
In this section, you'll have to map your accounts. Hence, for each Salesforce line item you can select a specific Quickbooks Online account. Simply add more mappings by clicking on the "+" button.
If you only wish to sync data from Salesforce into Quickbooks Online, then please click here to skip this section of the configuration. In OneSaas simply click on Next without selecting any workflows.
- You can synchronize Quickbooks Online invoices and contacts into Salesforce as shown below. Select the options you require and the additional workflows and then click on Next:
III. Final settings for the integration
- The Transaction Settings allow you to select the automatic invoice number option, default due date and default tax codes for invoices and non taxable items.
- Automatic Invoice Number
By selecting this option OneSaas will allow your Quickbooks Online to assign an automatic invoice number, e.g. to adhere to sequential invoice number rules, rather than using the invoice number provided by the source system.
- Default DueDate Offset
Default Due Date offset for new transactions that have no Due Date.
This option will never override DueDates received from other systems.
- On the Items Settings configuration page, you'll have to select the income and expense accounts to be used for inventoried and non inventoried items. To read more about the products setup please click here.
- You've now reached the final page where you can review your configuration, set the integration start date, select your timezone and the frequency of the sync. Please note that you must agree to the OneSaas user agreement terms and conditions before you can trigger your first synchronization.
OneSaas should now be syncing. As soon as this is done, you're able to use our review page to fix up any remaining configuration changes you weren't able to get to. For example, if you weren't able to map your tax's initially, you can do so now! Once everything is good to go, you should see a big green tick indicating you're ready to move forward. Please select Preview to continue.
Finally, you're able to see the data that we were able to pull into OneSaas. For example, in the screenshot below you can see an invoice that were were able to pull in from your Salesforce. If you're happy with everything, select Send Data & Finish to push your data as configured by yourself.
You should now see another sync running. However, this time instead of just pulling your data into OneSaas, we're pushing it too. Once the sync is completed, you'll be taken to review your first report. Once you've had a look you can either upgrade to a paid plan or continue with the free trial.Back to top