Several OneSaas users have requested the following scenarios:
If an order is refunded/cancelled in my e-Commerce system, update this change to my Accounting system.
Unfortunately, there are currently no plans to implement this feature. Main reasons being:
- In order to handle refunds, we would first need to detect this sort of behaviour coming from the e-Commerce systems. This is never consistent with e-Commerce systems and there is no reliable method of determining whether an order has been cancelled, refunded, or simply just deleted.
- Supposing that we are able to get this information from the e-Commerce system, there is no safe automated way of processing these operations from an accounting perspective.
The reason being that different businesses/accountants/accounting systems have different ways of handling refunds:
- Close off/delete the invoice. Issue a refund via the bank.
- Keep the original invoice open, issue an adjustment note to offset the invoice
- Change the invoice to be zero amount.
Right now our current recommendation is to manually process such cases in the accounting system. We would recommend checking with your accountant/book-keeper about the best way to do this for your business.