With OneSaas, you're able to setup your complete integration within minutes using our simple setup process. Below is a step by step walk through, highlighting some useful key points throughout the process:
I. Synchronize data from FreshBooks into Quickbooks Online
II.Synchronize data from Quickbooks Online into FreshBooks
III. Final settings for the integration
- Retrieve & Validate
- Send & Finish
Begin here by connecting the systems you're looking to integrate. If you haven't already connected your apps, you can follow our guides to integrate FreshBooks and Quickbooks Online. Select Configure to move forward.
The configuration process described below is for a standard integration between FreshBooks and Quickbooks Online. If you are also connecting a third app, then you'll have to configure this as you go through the setup process.
Please never hesitate to reach out to our friendly support team for help at any point in time.
If you only wish to sync data from Quickbooks Online into FreshBooks, then please click on the Quickbook Online logo in the configuration and here to skip part I of the configuration.
1. Start the configuration process by selecting one of the available workflows, to sync FreshBooks invoices or expenses into Quickbooks Online, as shown below:
2. An Advanced Settings window will pop-up, regardless of the option you choose.
The settings for the invoice sync looks like this:
Here, you'll have to select which invoices should OneSaas synchronize based on their status and you can add an invoice prefix.
The prefix you input here is added to all your invoices retrieved from this FreshBooks account. For example: if you have invoice '1234' in FreshBooks and you add the prefix 'FB-' in the configuration, your transaction will be retrieved into OneSaas with the order number 'FB-1234' and sent to Quickbooks Online accordingly.
This prefix can be configured separately for multiple FreshBooks connections, to make it easier to identify the source of each invoice in Quickbooks Online. Click on Save Changes.
Tip: The Order Number Prefix is limited to 4 characters!
3. You'll be now redirected to the first page of the configuration to select additional workflows:
3.1 The first option allows you to select how you want your FreshBooks invoices to be sent to Quickbooks Online. The two options are Sales Invoice or Sales Receipt. Please select the appropriate option for your business.
3.2 At the second configuration option, you can select how the invoices should appear in Quickbooks Online: with the Original Customer, the Customer's Organization (Company) or a single Online Sale customer. You can read more details about this here.
3.3 Select this option if you want OneSaas to automatically create your FreshBooks items in Quickbooks Online. The products will only be created if they do not already exist in Quickbooks Online. Please be sure to read our guide to data matching here if your products are already setup in Quickbooks Online, to prevent duplicates from being created.
Please note that in this scenario items are matched between FreshBooks SKU / Product Code to Quickbooks Online Product Name.
3.4 Select the option to sync payment details from FreshBooks to Quickbooks Online, if you wish OneSaas to automatically transfer the payment details.
4. If you wish to sync expenses from FreshBooks into Quickbooks Online then select this option in the configuration now. The Advanced Settings window looks like this:
On this page you can select the type of expenses to be retrieved from FreshBooks, their currency and if you wish to add a prefix to the expense number, you can do this as well. The expense prefix works just like the invoice prefix described above.
Click on Next.
5. You'll be taken to the tax configuration page:
Here, for each tax created / defined in your FreshBooks account, you must select it's corresponding tax in Quickbooks Online. You can read more about the tax configuration here. Click on Next to continue once you are done.
6. At this step you must map the accounts:
For each FreshBooks expense select a Quickbooks Online account and then click on Next. If you haven't selected OneSaas to synchronize expenses from FreshBooks, then you will not have to map the accounts, please go to the next step.
7. The next page will require you to map the payments from FreshBooks to a Quickbooks Online account.
Additional details about the payment mapping can be found here. Click on Next once you are done.
If you only wish to sync data from FreshBooks into Quickbooks Online, then please click here to skip this section of the configuration. In OneSaas simply click on Next without selecting any workflows
8. To synchronize Quickbooks Online invoices to FreshBooks, select the option highlighted below and the additional workflows and then click on Next:
9. The tax configuration is the next step:
Here, for each tax created / defined in your Quickbooks Online account, you must select it's corresponding tax in FreshBooks. You can read more about the tax configuration here. Click on Next to continue once you are done.
10. The payments mapping from Quickbooks Online to FreshBooks looks like this:
You can read more about what the payment mapping is and how this works here. Click on Next once you are done.
11. The Transaction Settings allow you to select the automatic invoice number and the default due date.
- Automatic Invoice Number
By selecting this option OneSaas will allow your accounting system to assign an automatic invoice number, e.g. to adhere to sequential invoice number rules, rather than using the invoice number provided by the source system.
- Default DueDate Offset
Default Due Date offset for new transactions that have no Due Date.
This option will never override DueDates received from other systems.
9. On the Items Settings configuration page, you'll have to select the income and expense accounts to be used for inventoried and non inventoried items. To read more about the products setup please click here.
Please note that if your Quickbooks Online does not have 'Quantity On-Hand' available, you will not be able to create items in your Quickbooks Online as inventoried and a message like the above will be displayed.
10. You've now reached the final page where you can review your configuration, set the integration start date, select your timezone and the frequency of the sync. Please note that you must agree to the OneSaas user agreement terms and conditions before you can trigger your first synchronization.
OneSaas should now be syncing. As soon as this is done, you're able to use our review page to fix up any remaining configuration changes you weren't able to get to. For example, if you weren't able to map your tax's initially, you can do so now! Once everything is good to go, you should see a big green tick indicating you're ready to move forward. Please select Preview to continue.
Finally, you're able to see the data that we were able to pull into OneSaas. For example, in the screenshot below you can see an invoice that were were able to pull in from your FreshBooks. If you're happy with everything, select Send Data & Finish to push your data as configured by yourself.
You should now see another sync running. However, this time instead of just pulling your data into OneSaas, we're pushing it too. Once the sync is completed, you'll be taken to review your first report. Once you've had a look you can either upgrade to a paid plan or continue with the free trial.