With OneSaas, you're able to setup your complete integration between BigCommerce and Xero within minutes using our simple setup process. Below is a step by step walk through, highlighting some useful key points throughout the process:
The configuration process described below is for a standard integration between BigCommerce and Xero. If you are also connecting a third app, then you'll have to configure this as you go through the setup process.
Please never hesitate to reach out to our friendly support team for help at any point in time.
1. Start the configuration process by selecting the first workflow, to sync BigCommerce orders into Xero, as shown below:
2. Now you can select the additional workflows for the integration:
2.1 The first two options allows you to select how you want your BigCommerce unpaid and paid orders to be sent to Xero. Please select the appropriate options for your business.
2.2 At the third configuration option, you can select how the orders should appear in Xero: with the Original Customer, the Customer's Organization (Company) or a single Online Sale customer. You can read more details about this here.
2.3 Select this option if you want OneSaas to automatically create your BigCommerce items in Xero. The products will only be created if they do not already exist in Xero. Please be sure to read our guide to data matching here if your products are already setup in Xero, to prevent duplicates from being created.
2.4 Select the option to sync payment details from BigCommerce to Xero, if you wish OneSaas to automatically transfer the payment details.
2.5 If you'd like OneSaas to handle your refunded or cancelled orders, please select the last option and this will create a Credit Note in Xero. You can read more about this option in our article.
Click on Next.
3. At this configuration step you can filter orders by their status, add an order prefix and configure the special products.
- Order Number Prefix
The prefix you input here is added to all your orders retrieved from this BigCommerce account. For example: if you have order '1234' in BigCommerce and you add the prefix 'BC-' in the configuration, your order will be retrieved into OneSaas with the order number 'BC-1234' and sent to Xero accordingly.
This prefix can be configured separately for multiple BigCommerce connections, to make it easier to identify the source of each invoice in Xero.
Tip: The Order Number Prefix is limited to 4 characters!
- The Shipping, Gift Card and Discount Products
The shipping and discount products are used by OneSaas to represent all shipping / discount values on orders. You can either select one from the already existing inventory list or create a new item by clicking on the '+' button. You can read more about how this works here.
- Orders Status Filters
Select the order statuses you'd like OneSaas to retrieve from BigCommerce and send to Xero. Click on Next.
4. You'll be taken to the tax configuration page:
Here, for each tax created / defined in your BigCommerce, you must select it's correspondent tax in Xero. You can read more about the tax configuration here. Click on Next to continue once you are done.
5. The next page will require you to map the payments from BigCommerce to a Xero account.
Additional details about the payment mapping can be found here. Click on Next once you completed this section.
6. Here please select how you wish orders to be sent to Xero. They can be posted individually or as daily summaries to Xero. More information about the daily summaries here. Hit Next to continue.
7. Select the option at this step, if you wish OneSaas to automatically update your stock from Xero to BigCommerce. Please note that if your items are not setup accordingly in Xero then this option will overwrite your BigCommerce stock with 0. Click on Next.
8. The Advanced Settings allow you to select the automatic invoice number, the default due date`and to swap billing and shipping address.
- Automatic Invoice Number
By selecting this option OneSaas will allow your accounting system to assign an automatic invoice number, e.g. to adhere to sequential invoice number rules, rather than using the invoice number provided by BigCommerce.
- Default DueDate Offset
Default Due Date offset for new transactions that have no Due Date.
This option will never override DueDates received from other systems.
9. On the Items Settings configuration page, you'll have to select the income and expense accounts to be used for inventoried and non inventoried items. To read more about the products setup please click here.
10. You've now reach the final page where you can review your configuration, set the integration start date, select your timezone and the automatic synchronization. Please note that you must agree to the OneSaas user agreement terms and conditions before you can trigger your first synchronization.
OneSaas should now be syncing. As soon as this is done, you're able to use our review page to fix up any remaining configuration changes you weren't able to get to. For example, if you weren't able to map your tax's initially, you can do so now! Once everything is good to go, you should see a big green tick indicating you're ready to move forward. Please select Preview to continue.
Finally, you're able to see the data that we were able to pull into OneSaas. For example, in the screenshot below you can see an invoice that were were able to pull in from your BigCommerce store. If you're happy with everything, select Send Data & Finish to push your data as configured by yourself.
You should now see another sync running. However, this time instead of just pulling your data into OneSaas, we're pushing it too. Once the sync is completed, you'll be taken to review your first report. Once you've had a look you can either upgrade to a paid plan or continue with the free trial.