The following article is a simple step-by-step guide to help you move over to the new OneSaas Retail platform.
The process involves:
- pausing your current OneSaas Classic account
- creating a new OneSaas Retail account
- Setting up your FreshBooks-Xero integration
- Review the sync, Upgrade to a new subscription and close off OneSaas Classic
Step 1: Pause the sync on your OneSaas Classic account
Pausing your sync within OneSaas Classic is especially important as it will help prevent duplication of your data.
- Log into your existing OneSaas Classic account
- Click on the Integrations tab
- Click on the Sync Settings tab
- Set the sync to Manual, and save your changes.
Step 2: Register a new trial OneSaas Retail account - Click Here
We will now begin the process of setting up a new trial OneSaas Retail account.
- If you are currently still using FreshBooks Classic, please click on this link to set up your new OneSaas account.
Alternatively, if you are now using the new FreshBooks V2, please click on this link to set up your new OneSaas account.
- Authorize the FreshBooks connection
Click on the button Connect to FreshBooks
If you are using FreshBooks Classic, your domain URL will be in the format https://onesaas.freshbooks.com/.
- Authorize the Xero connection
Click on the button Connect to Xero.
Enter your Xero email and password login.
You should now have both your Xero and FreshBooks connected and ready to start the configuration process.
Step 3: Setting up and Syncing the new FreshBooks-Xero integration
In this step we will give you some general guidelines on how you can configure your new integration to match the behaviour of the legacy integration. However if at any point you require assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team.
- Firstly, please enter in your time zone. Then click Turn Integration On.
Please make sure to leave the Integration Starting Date set to today to avoid duplicating any old data.
Note: Completing this section won't actually turn on the integration or sync any data yet.
- Next, you will be presented with a list of main workflows. These are all optional so please make sure to review each option carefully:
- On a separate browser tab, log into your OneSaas Classic account and click on the Configure button to review your existing settings.
- You should be able to now compare your OneSaas Classic settings with your new account, and configure accordingly:
- The main workflow within the OneSaas Classic platform was to integrate FreshBooks Classic sales invoices into Xero
- Once you have configured your settings, you can now enable the hourly automated sync. Click on the button Turn Auto Sync On.
You should now be all set up! Please use the remainder of your 7 day free trial to review and ensure that the new integration is running as expected.
Step 4: Review the sync, Upgrade to a new subscription and close off OneSaas Classic
If after a few days of syncing everything looks good, then you can proceed to the final step of the migration process.
- Upgrade to a new Subscription
Upgrade your trial OneSaas account by clicking on the link in the yellow banner. This will take you the pricing plans page, select the plan appropriate for you. Alternatively, you can click on the 'Billing' tab to access the pricing plans.
- Close your OneSaas Classic Account
Log back into your OneSaas Classic and click on Account.
Scroll down and you will see the option Close my Account.
Follow the prompts to completely close your account.
Select Yes, please permanently close my account.
And you're done! If you get stuck with any of these steps along the way, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team.