Setup your OneSaas integration between FreshBooks Cloud Accounting and SquareSpace using our simple setup process. Below is a step by step walkthrough, highlighting some useful key points throughout the process.
The configuration process below will present you with various options detailing exactly how you want your SquareSpace and FreshBooks Cloud Accounting integration to work. Please be aware that we do expect you to have some basic accounting knowledge to make sure that the integration settings are tailored to your business and accounting practices.
1. You will be required to set up your Synchronization Options before you can start configuring your workflows. You need to set up the following:
- Account Timezone
- Integrations Starting Date
- Email Sync Report Options
2. You will be presented with workflows that are all optional. In this walkthrough, these workflows will be selected to demonstrate the full capabilities of the setup process.
- Sales from SquareSpace will be sent to FreshBooks Cloud Accounting as an Invoice
- Products from SquareSpace will be created in FreshBooks Cloud Accounting
INVOICE CREATION WORKFLOW
When you tick the When an Order is created in SquareSpace, create an Invoice in FreshBooks workflow, you will be asked to:
- Set up the filters to determine which orders will be retrieved from SquareSpace. You will have to set up the filters based on the Order Status
- Click on the Default Products and Advanced Options and set up the following:
- Order Number Prefix - The prefix you input here is added to all orders retrieved from your SquareSpace account. For example: If you have order '1234' in SquareSpace and you add the prefix 'SS' in the configuration, your order will be retrieved into OneSaas with the order number 'SS1234' and sent to FreshBooks Cloud Accounting accordingly.
- Use Shipping Item - You may be charging your customers extra shipping charges on your sales. If this occurs, the integration can allow you to specify a dedicated "Item" to assign these shipping charges. This will allow you to easily track any revenue generated from shipping charges.
- Assign them to the - Most accounting systems require a customer record to be specified when a sales invoice is created. This particular option allows you to choose the nature of the customer record that is being created. The default option is Original Customer, however, if your SquareSpace customers specify a company name and you prefer to have that appear within your accounting system instead, then you can opt for the Customer's Organization option. Alternatively, if you do not want any customer records to be created within your accounting system at all you can select the Generic Online Sale Customer option, this means all sales will be synced to your Accounting system against a generic "SquareSpace" customer record.
- Create Invoices as - You also have the option to select whether you want the invoices to be created as Draft or Sent to FreshBooks Cloud Accounting.
- DueDate Offset - A due date type will be assigned if transactions do not have a due date. This is calculated using the transaction date, the Due Date Offset and the type specified. If not set, the transaction date is used as the due date.
- Next, you'll be taken to the tax configuration page. Here, for each tax created/defined in your SquareSpace, you must select its corresponding tax code in FreshBooks Cloud Accounting. You can read more about the tax configuration here.
- Additionally, if you want your items from SquareSpace to be created in FreshBooks Cloud Accounting, just simply tick the box before the Create New Items in FreshBooks setting.
- Then, the Send Payments from SquareSpace to FreshBooks settings will allow you to select whether you want payment data from SquareSpace to be registered against your sales within FreshBooks Cloud Accounting.
- If you want to map different payment methods to different clearing accounts, this can be done by clicking the Advanced Options link:
- Do not forget to click the Save button to keep your progress.
PRODUCT CREATION WORKFLOW
If you want your products from SquareSpace to be created in FreshBooks Cloud Accounting, all you have to do is to tick the When a Product is created on SquareSpace, create new Items in FreshBooks workflow, then click the Save button if you agree with the prompt.
Voila! Your account is now ready to sync your data across your apps! When your auto-sync is on, your account should sync every hour but you can trigger manual sync anytime! Just click the Sync Now button on the Synchronization Options on top of your Manage tab!
If you have any questions, reach out to our friendly Support Team for help at any time.