Setup your OneSaas integration between Amazon Marketplace and Xero within minutes using our simple setup process. Below is a step by step walk-through, highlighting some useful key points throughout the process.
The configuration process below will present you with various options detailing exactly how you want your Amazon Marketplace and Xero integration to work. Please be aware that we do expect you to have some basic accounting knowledge to make sure that the integration settings are tailored to your business and accounting practices.
1. You will be required to set up your Synchronization Options before you can start configuring your workflows. You need to set up the following:
- Account Timezone
- Integrations Starting Date
- Email Sync Report Options
2. You will be presented with workflows that are all optional. In this walkthrough, these workflows will be selected to demonstrate the full capabilities of the setup process.
- Sales from Amazon Marketplace will be sent to Xero as an Invoice
- Stock Level Updates from Xero will be sent to Amazon Marketplace
INVOICE CREATION WORKFLOW
When you tick the When an Order is created in Amazon Marketplace, create a Sale in Xero workflow, you will be asked to:
- Set up the filters to determine which orders will be retrieved from Amazon Marketplace. You will have to set up the filters based on the Order Status
- Determine the Order Number Prefix to be used on your orders. The prefix you input here is added to all orders retrieved from your Amazon Marketplace account.
Click on the Advanced Options and set up the following:
- Create Paid and Unpaid Invoices as - These two options allow you to select how you want your unpaid and paid orders to be sent to Xero. Please select the appropriate options for your business.
- Set Tax on Invoice to be - This option will allow you to select whether you want the tax on your invoices to be synced As the Original, Tax Inclusive, or Tax Exclusive based on your preferences.
- Automatic Invoice Numbers - This option allows you to disregard the Amazon Marketplace order number completely, and use the sequential numbering convention within your accounting system.
- Assign Sale to the - Most accounting systems require a customer record to be specified when a sales invoice is created. This particular option allows you to choose the nature of the customer record that is being created. The default option is Original Customer, however, if your Amazon Marketplace customers specify a company name and you prefer to have that appear within your accounting system instead, then you can opt for the Customer's Organization option. Alternatively, if you do not want any customer records to be created within your accounting system at all you can select the Generic Online Sale Customer option, this means all sales will be synced to your Accounting system against a generic "Amazon" customer record.
- Swap Billing and Shipping Address - ticking this option will swap the set billing and shipping address on the order.
- DueDate Offset - A due date type will be assigned if transactions do not have a due date. This is calculated using the transaction date, the Due Date Offset and the type specified. If not set, the transaction date is used as the due date.
- Next, you'll be taken to the tax configuration page. Here, for each tax created/defined in your Amazon Marketplace, you must select its corresponding tax code in Xero. You can read more about the tax configuration here.
- Additionally, if you want the new items within your invoices from Amazon Marketplace to be created in Xero, just simply tick the box before the Create New Items in Xero setting. In this section, you'll have to select the income and expense accounts to be used for your inventoried and non-inventoried items. You can find more information on the integration of items here.
- Then, the Send Payments from Amazon Marketplace to Xero settings will allow you to select whether you want payment data from Amazon Marketplace to be registered against your sales within Xero.
Deposit Payments into Account - All payment methods will be mapped to this account if you do not wish to map your payment accounts individually.
Handle Overpayments - Enable this option only if you wish to send Overpayments to Xero.
- If you want to map different payment methods to different clearing accounts, this can be done by clicking the Advanced Options link:
- Do not forget to click the Save button to keep your progress.
STOCK LEVELS UPDATE WORKFLOW
- If you want your stock levels from Xero to be updated in Amazon Marketplace, all you have to do is to tick the When a Stock Levels are updated in Xero, update Stock Level in Amazon Marketplace, then click the Save button if you agree with the prompt.
PLEASE NOTE: This option should only be enabled if you have stock levels set up in Xero prior to the integration. Otherwise, you will risk wiping out your Amazon Marketplace stock levels. Click here to know more about our Stock Control process.
Voila! Your account is now ready to sync your data across your apps! When your auto-sync is on, your account should sync every hour but you can trigger manual sync anytime! Just click the Sync Now button on the Synchronization Options on top of your Manage tab!
If you have any questions, reach out to our friendly Support Team for help at any time.