Set up your integration between Selz and QuickBooks Online in minutes by using our step by step walkthrough below:
Begin by connecting QuickBooks Online to Selz via the Selz App Store. If you haven't already connected your apps, you can follow our guides to connect your accounting apps with Selz here.
After successfully connecting Selz and QuickBooks Online, you can then access your installed apps via Apps > My Apps.
The configuration process below will present you with various options detailing exactly how you want your Selz and QuickBooks Online integration to work. Please be aware that we do expect you to have some basic accounting knowledge to make sure that the integration settings are tailored to your business and accounting practices.
1. You will be required to set up your Synchronization Options before you can start configuring your workflows. You need to set up the following:
- Account Timezone
- Integrations Starting Date
- Email Sync Report Options
2. You will be presented with workflows that are all optional. In this walkthrough, these workflows will be selected to demonstrate the full capabilities of the setup process.
- Orders from Selz will be sent to QuickBooks Online as an Invoice
- Stock Level updates from QuickBooks Online will be sent to Selz
INVOICE CREATION WORKFLOW
When you tick the When an Order is created in Selz, create an Invoice in QuickBooks Online workflow, you will be asked to:
- Set up the filters to determine which orders will be retrieved from Selz. You will have to set up the filters based on the Order Status.
- Then select how you want your sales to be created in Selz. You can choose from either Sales Invoice or Sales Receipts.
Click on the Advanced Options and set up the following:
- Order Number Prefix - The prefix you input here is added to all orders retrieved from your Selz account. For example: If you have order '1234' in Selz and you add the prefix 'S' in the configuration, your order will be retrieved into OneSaas with the order number 'S1234' and sent to QuickBooks Online accordingly.
- Use Shipping Item - You may be charging your customers extra shipping charges on your sales. If this occurs, the integration can allow you to specify a dedicated "Item" to assign these shipping charges. This will allow you to easily track any revenue generated from shipping charges.
- Assign Sales to Class / Assign Sales to Location - These two options allow you to choose a default Class or Location within your QuickBooks Online system. This is an option unique to QuickBooks Online, and only if you have set up Classes or Locations within your QuickBooks company file.
- Assign Sales to the - Most accounting systems require a customer record to be specified when a sales invoice is created. This particular option allows you to choose the nature of the customer record that is being created. The default option is Original Customer, however, if your Selz customers specify a company name and you prefer to have that appear within your accounting system instead, then you can opt for the Customer's Organization option. Alternatively, if you do not want any customer records to be created within your accounting system at all you can select the Generic Online Sale Customer option, this means all sales will be synced to your Accounting system against a generic "Selz" customer record.
- Automatic Invoice Number - By selecting this option OneSaas will allow your accounting system to assign an automatic invoice number. Selecting this will prompt the system to adhere to sequential invoice number rules in QuickBooks Online, rather than using the invoice number provided by Selz.
- Discount Product - Similar to the Shipping item option above, you can specify a dedicated discount 'Item' so you can track your discounts on sales.
- Rounding Off Product - Select the preferred product to be used when sending rounding discrepancies as a line item.
- DueDate Offset - A due date type will be assigned if transactions do not have a due date. This is calculated using the transaction date, the Due Date Offset and the type specified. If not set, the transaction date is used as the due date.
- Allow Credit Card Payments - Tick this option if you want to allow credit card payments for the transactions.
- You can also select how you want to match your Selz products with your QuickBooks Online products. You can either match by Name or SKU. In order for sales to properly integrate with your accounting system, we expect that you have all of your Selz items set up with unique SKUs.
Please Note: With QuickBooks Online integrations, we have 2 product matching options:
NAME: We match the product's SKU field from Selz to the product's NAME field in QuickBooks Online
SKU: We match the product's SKU field from Selz to the product's SKU field in QuickBooks Online
- Additionally, if you want the new items withing your invoices from Selz to be created in QuickBooks Online, just simply tick the box before the Create New Items in QuickBooks Online setting. In this section, you'll have to select the income and expense accounts to be used for your inventoried and non-inventoried items. You can find more information on the integration of items here.
- Then, the Send Payments from Selz to QuickBooks Online settings will allow you to select whether you want payment data from Selz to be registered against your sales within QuickBooks Online.
- If you want to map different payment methods to different clearing accounts, this can be done by clicking the Advanced Options link:
- You can also sync the Fees as Bills within your QuickBooks Online account by enabling this workflow. To do this, just map the Allocate Fees into account field that will be used as the default Fee account when pushing the Fees to QuickBooks Online. Then, the Use the Following Expense Accounts section is where you will map the Fee expense accounts that will come from the Fee types which are charged by Selz and if there are any tax associated with the fees.
- You also have the option to automatically create Credit Notes in QuickBooks Online by retrieving refunded orders from Selz based on the status filters that you will set up. In this workflow, you will be asked to map a Fallback account from which the payment money is refunded. You will also be asked to input your preferred Refund Number Prefix which will be appended before the refund receipt number and select the Partial Refund Product that will represent partial amount refunds.
- Do not forget to click the Save button to keep your progress.
STOCK UPDATE WORKFLOW
When you tick the When Stock Levels are updated in QuickBooks Online, update stock levels in Selz workflow, you will be asked to select how you want to match the items to QuickBooks Online items either by Name or SKU then click the Save button.
PLEASE NOTE: This option should only be enabled if you have stock levels set up in QuickBooks Online prior to the integration. Otherwise, you will risk wiping out your Selz stock levels. Click here to know more about our Stock Control process.
Voila! Your account is now ready to sync your data across your apps! When your auto-sync is on, your account should sync every hour but you can trigger manual sync anytime! Just click the Sync Now button on the Synchronization Options on top of your Manage tab!
If you have any questions, reach out to our friendly Support Team for help at any time.