Set up your integration between Selz and Saasu in minutes by using our step by step walkthrough below:
Begin by connecting Saasu to Selz via the Selz App Store. If you haven't already connected your apps, you can follow our guides to connect your accounting apps with Selz here.
After successfully connecting Selz and Saasu, you can then access your installed apps via Apps > My Apps.
The configuration process below will present you with various options detailing exactly how you want your Selz and Saasu integration to work. Please be aware that we do expect you to have some basic accounting knowledge to make sure that the integration settings are tailored to your business and accounting practices.
1. You will be required to set up your Synchronization Options before you can start configuring your workflows. You need to set up the following:
- Account Timezone
- Integrations Starting Date
- Email Sync Report Options
2. You will be presented with workflows that are all optional. In this walkthrough, these workflows will be selected to demonstrate the full capabilities of the setup process.
- Orders from Selz will be sent to Saasu as an Invoice
- Stock Level updates from Saasu will be sent to Selz
INVOICE CREATION WORKFLOW
When you tick the When an Order is created in Selz, create an Invoice in Saasu workflow, you will be asked to:
- Set up the filters to determine which orders will be retrieved from Selz. You will have to set up the filters based on the Order Status.
- Then select how you want your sales to be created in Selz. You can choose from either Sale Order or Tax Invoice.
Click on the Advanced Options and set up the following:
- Order Number Prefix - The prefix you input here is added to all orders retrieved from your Selz account. For example: If you have order '1234' in Selz and you add the prefix 'S' in the configuration, your order will be retrieved into OneSaas with the order number 'S1234' and sent to Saasu accordingly.
- Use Shipping Item - You may be charging your customers extra shipping charges on your sales. If this occurs, the integration can allow you to specify a dedicated "Item" to assign these shipping charges. This will allow you to easily track any revenue generated from shipping charges.
- Automatic Invoice Number - By selecting this option OneSaas will allow your accounting system to assign an automatic invoice number. Selecting this will prompt the system to adhere to sequential invoice number rules in Saasu, rather than using the invoice number provided by Selz.
- Assign Sales to the - Most accounting systems require a customer record to be specified when a sales invoice is created. This particular option allows you to choose the nature of the customer record that is being created. The default option is Original Customer, however, if your Selz customers specify a company name and you prefer to have that appear within your accounting system instead, then you can opt for the Customer's Organization option. Alternatively, if you do not want any customer records to be created within your accounting system at all you can select the Generic Online Sale Customer option, this means all sales will be synced to your Accounting system against a generic "Selz" customer record.
- DueDate Offset - A due date type will be assigned if transactions do not have a due date. This is calculated using the transaction date, the Due Date Offset and the type specified. If not set, the transaction date is used as the due date.
- Next, you'll be taken to the tax configuration page. Here, for each tax created/defined in Selz, you must select its corresponding tax code in Saasu. You can read more about the tax configuration here.
- Additionally, if you want the new items within your invoices from Selz to be created in Saasu, just simply tick the box before the Create New Items in Saasu setting. In this section, you'll have to select the income and expense accounts to be used for your inventoried and non-inventoried items. You can find more information on the integration of items here.
- Then, the Send Payments from Selz to Saasu settings will allow you to select whether you want payment data from Selz to be registered against your sales within Saasu.
- If you want to map different payment methods to different clearing accounts, this can be done by clicking the Advanced Options link:
- With this integration, you also have the option to automatically Retrieve Refunded Orders from Selz. In this workflow, you will be asked to select the Refund Status that you need to retrieve from Selz. You will also be asked to input your preferred Refund Number Prefix which will be appended before the refund receipt number and select the Partial Refund Product that will represent partial amount refunds.
- Do not forget to click the Save button to keep your progress.
STOCK UPDATE WORKFLOW
When you tick the When Stock Levels are updated in Saasu, update stock levels in Selz workflow, a prompt will be shown and all you have to do is to click Save to proceed.
PLEASE NOTE: This option should only be enabled if you have stock levels set up in Saasu prior to the integration. Otherwise, you will risk wiping out your Selz stock levels. Click here to know more about our Stock Control process.
Voila! Your account is now ready to sync your data across your apps! When your auto-sync is on, your account should sync every hour but you can trigger manual sync anytime! Just click the Sync Now button on the Synchronization Options on top of your Manage tab!