Setup your OneSaas integration between FreshBooks Cloud Accounting and WIX using our simple setup process. Below is a step by step walkthrough, highlighting some useful key points throughout the process.
Please Note: OneSaas can integrate with the following Wix Modules only:
Wix Stores - https://www.wix.com/app-market/wix-stores
Wix Events - https://www.wix.com/app-market/wix-events
Wix Bookings - https://www.wix.com/app-market/wix-bookings
Wix Hotels - https://www.wix.com/app-market/wix-hotels
Other Wix products are not supported at this point in time.
Begin by adding Freshbooks by OneSaas within your WIX store. All you need to do is simply search for the keyword "Freshbooks by OneSaas" within the WIX app store or simply click here.
Click the add site button to create a trial account, then follow the prompt to authenticate the connection to Freshbooks. If you need help connecting Freshbooks, you can go to this article Connect Freshbooks or check with our support team.
The configuration process below will present you with various options detailing exactly how you want your WIX and FreshBooks Cloud Accounting integration to work. Please be aware that we do expect you to have some basic accounting knowledge to make sure that the integration settings are tailored to your business and accounting practices.
1. You will be required to set up your Synchronization Options before you can start configuring your workflows. You need to set up the following:
- Account Timezone
- Integrations Starting Date
- Email Sync Report Options
2. You will be presented with workflows that are all optional. In this walkthrough, these workflows will be selected to demonstrate the full capabilities of the setup process.
- Sales from WIX will be sent to FreshBooks Cloud Accounting as an Invoice
INVOICE CREATION WORKFLOW
When you tick the When an Order is created in WIX, create an Invoice in FreshBooks workflow, you will be asked to:
- Set up the filters to determine which orders will be retrieved from WIX. You will have to set up the filters based on the Order Status
- Click on the Default Products and Advanced Options and set up the following:
- Order Number Prefix - The prefix you input here is added to all orders retrieved from your WIX account. For example: If you have order '1234' in WIX and you add the prefix 'WX' in the configuration, your order will be retrieved into OneSaas with the order number 'WX1234' and sent to FreshBooks Cloud Accounting accordingly.
- Assign them to the - Most accounting systems require a customer record to be specified when a sales invoice is created. This particular option allows you to choose the nature of the customer record that is being created. The default option is Original Customer, however, if your WIX customers specify a company name and you prefer to have that appear within your accounting system instead, then you can opt for the Customer's Organization option. Alternatively, if you do not want any customer records to be created within your accounting system at all you can select the Generic Online Sale Customer option, this means all sales will be synced to your Accounting system against a generic "WIX" customer record.
- Create Invoices as - You also have the option to select whether you want the invoices to be created as Draft or Sent to FreshBooks Cloud Accounting.
Next, you'll be taken to the tax configuration page. Here, for each tax created/defined in your WIX, you must select its corresponding tax code in FreshBooks Cloud Accounting. You can read more about the tax configuration here.
Additionally, if you want your items from WIX to be created in FreshBooks Cloud Accounting, just simply tick the box before the Create New Items in FreshBooks setting.
Then, the Send Payments from WIX to FreshBooks settings will allow you to select whether you want payment data from WIX to be registered against your sales within FreshBooks Cloud Accounting.
- If you want to map different payment methods to different clearing accounts, this can be done by clicking the Advanced Options link:
Do not forget to click the Save button to keep your progress.
Voila! Your account is now ready to sync your data across your apps! When your auto-sync is on, your account should sync every hour but you can trigger manual sync anytime! Just click the Sync Now button on the Synchronization Options on top of your Manage tab!
If you have any questions, reach out to our friendly Support Team for help at any time.