With OneSaas, you're able to set up your complete integration between WIX and Xero within minutes using our simple setup process. Below is a step by step walkthrough, highlighting some useful key points throughout the process:
Please Note: OneSaas can integrate with Wix Stores and Wix Bookings only. Other Wix products are not supported at this point in time.
Begin by adding Xero by OneSaas within your WIX store. All you need to do is simply search for the keyword "Xero by OneSaas" within the WIX app store or simply click here.
Click the add site button to create a trial account, then follow the prompt to authenticate the connection to Quickbooks Online. If you need help connecting Quickbooks Online, you can go to this article Connect Xero or check with our support team.
The configuration process below will present you with various options detailing exactly how you want your WIX and Xero integration to work. Please be aware that we do expect you to have some basic accounting knowledge to make sure that the integration settings are tailored to your business and accounting practices.
1. You will be required to set up your Synchronization Options before you can start configuring your workflows. You need to set up the following:
- Account Timezone
- Integrations Starting Date
- Email Sync Report Options
2. You will be presented with workflow for WIX and XERO In this walkthrough, these workflows will be selected to demonstrate the full capabilities of the setup process.
- Sales from WIX will be sent to Xero as an Invoice
INVOICE CREATION WORKFLOW
When you tick the When an Order is created in WIX, create an Invoice in Xero workflow, you will be asked to:
- Set up the filters to determine which orders will be retrieved from WIX. You will have to set up the filters based on the Order Status
- Click on the Default Products and Advanced Options and set up the following:
Order Number Prefix - The prefix you input here is added to all orders retrieved from your WIX account. For example: If you have order '1234' in WIX and you add the prefix 'WX-' in the configuration, your order will be retrieved into OneSaas with the order number 'WX-1234' and sent to Xero accordingly.
- Unpaid and Paid orders - The next two options allow you to select how you want your WIX unpaid and paid orders to be sent to Xero. Please select the appropriate options for your business.
- Set Tax on Invoice to be - This option allows you to choose how the tax will be added in your invoices in Xero.
- Automatic Invoice Number - By selecting this option OneSaas will allow your accounting system to assign an automatic invoice number, e.g. to adhere to sequential invoice number rules, rather than using the invoice number provided by WIX.
- Swap Billing and Shipping Address - This option will allow you to use the billing address as the shipping address in your invoices in Xero.
- Tracking Code - Xero uses tracking categories and options to keep your chart of accounts manageable and you are given the option here to assign your WIX sales to your choice of tracking codes in Xero.
Next, you'll be taken to the tax configuration page. Here, for each tax created/defined in your WIX, you must select its corresponding tax code in Xero. You can read more about the tax configuration here.
Additionally, if you want your items from WIX to be created in Xero, just simply tick the box before the Xero setting.
On the Items Settings configuration page, you'll have to select the Income and Expense Accounts to be used for Inventoried and Non-Inventoried items.
You can find more information on the integration of items here.
Then, the Send Payments from WIX to Xero settings will allow you to select whether you want payment data from WIX to be registered against your sales within Xero.
- Deposit Payments into Account - All payment methods will be mapped to this account if you do not wish to map your payment accounts individually.
- Handle Overpayments - Enable this option only if you wish to send Overpayments to Xero.
Click on the Advanced Options if you wish to map all your WIX payment methods to a corresponding account in Xero.
Do not forget to click the Save button to keep your progress.
Voila! Your account is now ready to sync your data across your apps! When your auto-sync is on, your account should sync every hour but you can trigger manual sync anytime! Just click the Sync Now button on the Synchronization Options on top of your Manage tab!
If you have any questions, reach out to our friendly Support Team for help at any time.