Setup your OneSaas integration between QuickBooks Online and WIX using our simple setup process. Below is a step by step walkthrough, highlighting some useful key points throughout the process.
Please Note: OneSaas can integrate with Wix Stores and Wix Bookings only. Other Wix products are not supported at this point in time.
Begin by adding Quickbooks by OneSaas within your WIX store. All you need to do is simply search for the keyword "Quickbooks Online by OneSaas" within the WIX app store or simply click here.
Click the add site button to create a trial account, then follow the prompt to authenticate the connection to Quickbooks Online. If you need help connecting Quickbooks Online, you can go to this article Connect Quickbooks Online or check with our support team.
The configuration process below will present you with various options detailing exactly how you want your WIX and Quickbooks Online integration to work. Please be aware that we do expect you to have some basic accounting knowledge to make sure that the integration settings are tailored to your business and accounting practices.
1. You will be required to set up your Synchronization Options before you can start configuring your workflows. You need to set up the following:
- Account Timezone
- Integrations Starting Date
- Email Sync Report Options
2. You will be presented with workflows that are all optional. In this walkthrough, these workflows will be selected to demonstrate the full capabilities of the setup process.
- Sales from WIX will be sent to Quickbooks Online as an Invoice
INVOICE CREATION WORKFLOW
When you tick the When an Order is created in WIX, create an Invoice in Quickbooks Online workflow, you will be asked to:
- Set up the filters to determine which orders will be retrieved from WIX. You will have to set up the filters based on the Order Status
- Select how WIX orders will appear in your QuickBooks Online. In the case of QuickBooks Online, choose if you want your WIX orders to be sent to QuickBooks Online as Sale invoice or Sales Receipts. Please select the appropriate option for your business.
- Click on the Default Products and Advanced Options and set up the following:
- Order Number Prefix - The prefix you input here is added to all orders retrieved from your WIX account. For example: If you have order '1234' in WIX and you add the prefix 'WX-' in the configuration, your order will be retrieved into OneSaas with the order number 'WX-1234' and sent to QuickBooks accordingly.
- Automatic Invoice Numbers - This option allows you to disregard the WIX order number completely, and use the sequential numbering convention within your accounting system.
Assign Sales to Class / Assign Sales to Location - These two options allow you to choose a default Class or Location within your QuickBooks Online system. This is an option unique to QuickBooks Online, and only if you have set up Classes or Locations within your QuickBooks company file.
If you have any questions, reach out to our friendly support team for help at any time.
- Original Customer / Customer's Organization / Generic Online Sale Customer - Most Accounting systems require a customer record to be specified when a sales invoice is created. This particular option allows you to choose the nature of the customer record that is being created. The default option is Original Customer, however, if your WIX customers specify a company name and you prefer to have that appear within your Accounting system instead, then you can opt for the Customer's Organization option.
Alternatively, if you do not want any customer records to be created within your Accounting system at all you can select the Generic Online Sale Customer option, this means all sales will be synced to your Accounting system against a generic "WIX " customer record.
You can read more about how this works here.
- Discount Product - Similar to the Shipping item option above, you can specify a dedicated discount 'Item' so you can track your discounts on sales.
- Rounding Off Product - This product will be use to allocate if in case there is a rounding discrepancy in the grand total of an order in a Quickbooks Online invoice or sales receipt.
Matching WIX products with QuickBooks Online
In order for sales to properly integrate with your accounting system, we expect that you have all of your WIX items set up with unique SKUs. With the QuickBooks Online system specifically, you have the option to match your WIX SKUs with either the QuickBooks item Name field or the SKU field.
Other Accounting systems will have a single Item Number / Item Code field with which to match against your WIX SKUs.
Next, you'll be taken to the tax configuration page. Here, for each tax created/defined in your WIX, you must select its corresponding tax code in Quickbooks Online. You can read more about the tax configuration here.
Additionally, if you want your items from WIX to be created in Quickbooks Online, just simply tick the box before the Create New Items in Quickbooks Online setting.
Then, the Send Payments from WIX to Quickbooks Online settings will allow you to select whether you want payment data from WIX to be registered against your sales within Quickbooks Online.
- If you want to map different payment methods to different clearing accounts, this can be done by clicking the Map Individual Payment Methods link:
Do not forget to click the Save button to keep your progress.
Voila! Your account is now ready to sync your data across your apps! When your auto-sync is on, your account should sync every hour but you can trigger manual sync anytime! Just click the Sync Now button on the Synchronization Options on top of your Manage tab!
If you have any questions, reach out to our friendly Support Team for help at any time.