Set up your QuickBooks Connector integration between QuickBooks Online and WIX using our simple setup process. Below is a step-by-step walkthrough, highlighting some useful key points throughout the process.
NOTE: The QuickBooks Connector for QuickBooks Online is not compatible with QuickBooks Self-Employed, QuickBooks Desktop, and QuickBooks Enterprise.
PLEASE NOTE: QuickBooks Connector can integrate with the following Wix Modules only:
- Wix Stores - https://www.wix.com/app-market/wix-stores
- Wix Events - https://www.wix.com/app-market/wix-events
- Wix Bookings - https://www.wix.com/app-market/wix-bookings
- Wix Hotels - https://www.wix.com/app-market/wix-hotels
- Wix Invoices - https://support.wix.com/en/ascend-by-wix/wix-invoices
- Wix Recurring Invoices -https://support.wix.com/en/article/wix-invoices-managing-recurring-invoices
- Wix Pricing Plans - https://support.wix.com/en/article/pricing-plans-an-overview
Begin by adding QuickBooks Connector within your WIX store. All you need to do is simply search for the keyword "QuickBooks Connector" within the WIX app store or simply click here.
Click the add site button to create an account, then follow the prompt to authenticate the connection to Quickbooks Online. If you need help connecting Quickbooks Online, you can go to this article Connect Quickbooks Online or check with our support team.
The configuration process below will present you with various options detailing exactly how you want your WIX and Quickbooks Online integration to work. Please be aware that we do expect you to have some basic accounting knowledge to make sure that the integration settings are tailored to your business and accounting practices.
Our Etsy and QuickBooks Online integration has a single workflow which is to send all new orders from Etsy to QuickBooks Online. Every part of the configuration setup will be explained below.
I. You will be required to set up your Synchronization Options before you can start configuring your workflows. You need to set up the following:
- Account Timezone
- Integrations Starting Date
- Email Sync Report Options
II. You will be presented with the Order workflow and the settings you can configure:
When you tick the When an Order is created in WIX, create a Sale in Quickbooks Online workflow, you will be asked to:
- Set up the filters to determine which orders will be retrieved from WIX. You will have to set up the filters based on the Order Status.
- Select how WIX orders will appear in your QuickBooks Online. In the case of QuickBooks Online, choose if you want your WIX orders to be sent to QuickBooks Online as Sale invoices or Sales Receipts. Please select the appropriate option for your business.
PLEASE NOTE: The Retrieve Store Orders with Payment Status section only applies to Store Orders as we do not sync unpaid transactions for all other supported Wix modules aside from the Wix store.
III. Click on the Advanced Options and set up the following:
- Order Number Prefix - The prefix you input here is added to all orders retrieved from your WIX account. For example: If you have order '1234' in WIX and you add the prefix 'WX-' in the configuration, your order will be retrieved into QuickBooks Connector with the order number 'WX-1234' and sent to QuickBooks accordingly.
- Assign Sales to Class / Assign Sales to Location - These two options allow you to choose a default Class or Location within your QuickBooks Online system. This is an option unique to QuickBooks Online, and only if you have set up Classes or Locations within your QuickBooks company file.
- Original Customer / Customer's Organization / Generic Online Sale Customer - Most Accounting systems require a customer record to be specified when a sales invoice is created. This particular option allows you to choose the nature of the customer record that is being created. The default option is Original Customer, however, if your WIX customers specify a company name and you prefer to have that appear within your Accounting system instead, then you can opt for the Customer's Organization option.
- Automatic Invoice Numbers - This option allows you to disregard the WIX order number completely, and use the sequential numbering convention within your accounting system.
If you have any questions, reach out to our friendly support team for help at any time.Alternatively, if you do not want any customer records to be created within your Accounting system at all you can select the Generic Online Sale Customer option, this means all sales will be synced to your Accounting system against a generic "WIX " customer record.
You can read more about how this works here.
- Discount Product - You can specify a dedicated discount 'Item' so you can track your discounts on sales.
- Rounding Off Product - This product will be used to allocate if in case there is a rounding discrepancy in the grand total of an order in a Quickbooks Online invoice or sales receipt.
- Use Shipping Item - You may be charging your customers extra shipping charges on your sales. If this occurs, the integration can allow you to specify a dedicated "Item" to assign these shipping charges. This will allow you to easily track any revenue generated from shipping charges.
- Use Default Customer Message - This option will allow you to use the message that exists on the template in QuickBooks instead of having any notes populated from Wix.
- Allow Credit Card Payments - Tick this option if you want to allow credit card payments for the transactions.
IV. If you'd like QuickBooks Connector to Create new Items in QuickBooks Online, you can enable this option:
For Inventoried: QuickBooks Connector can only assign the COGS account for the products upon creation BUT we will not sync the COGS price of products.
For Non-Inventoried: You'll have to select the Income and Expense Accounts
V. Matching WIX products with QuickBooks Online
In order for sales to properly integrate with your accounting system, we expect that you have all of your WIX items set up with unique SKUs.
PLEASE NOTE: With QuickBooks Online integrations, we have 2 product matching options:
NAME: We match the product's SKU field from Wix to the product's NAME field in QuickBooks Online
SKU: We match the product's SKU field from Wix to the product's SKU field in QuickBooks Online
VI. You also have the option to Create Credit Notes in QuickBooks Online.
In this workflow, you will be asked to map a Fallback account from which the payment money is refunded. You will also be asked to input your preferred Refund Number Prefix which will be appended before the refund receipt number. Please be reminded that the integration only syncs refunds for Wix Store orders and Wix Bookings.
PLEASE NOTE: Select the Refunded and Partially Refunded status on the Order filter if you wish to sync credit notes to QuickBooks Online.
VII. You'll be taken to the Tax Configuration Page:
Here, for each tax created/defined in your WIX, you must select its corresponding tax code in Quickbooks Online. You can read more about the tax configuration here.
VIII. Send Payments from WIX to Quickbooks Online settings will allow you to select whether you want payment data from WIX to be registered against your sales within Quickbooks Online.
If you want to map different payment methods to different clearing accounts, this can be done by clicking the Map Individual Payment Methods link:
Make sure you click on Save once you are happy with your changes.
Voila! Your account is now ready to sync your data across your apps! When your auto-sync is on, your account should sync every hour but you can trigger manual sync anytime! Just click the Sync Now button on the Synchronization Options on top of your Manage tab!
If you have any questions, reach out to our friendly Support Team for help at any time.