Set up your QuickBooks Connector integration between Etsy and QuickBooks Online within minutes using our simple setup process. Below is a step by step walkthrough, highlighting some useful key points throughout the process:
The configuration process below will present you with various options detailing exactly how you want your Etsy and Quickbooks Online integration to work. Please be aware that we do expect you to have some basic accounting knowledge to make sure that the integration settings are tailored to your business and accounting practices.
Our Etsy and QuickBooks Online integration has a single workflow which is to send all new orders from Etsy to QuickBooks Online. Every part of the configuration setup will be explained below.
I. You will be required to set up your Synchronization Options before you can start configuring your workflows. You need to set up the following:
- Account Timezone
- Integrations Starting Date
- Email Sync Report Options
II. You will be presented with the Order workflow and the settings you can configure:
Retrieve Orders from Etsy
Set up the filters to determine which orders will be retrieved from Etsy. You will have to set up the filters based on the Order Status.
- Set up the filters to determine which orders will be retrieved from Etsy. You will have to set up the filters based on the Order Status.
- Select how Etsy orders will appear in your QuickBooks Online. In the case of QuickBooks Online, choose if you want your Etsy orders to be sent to QuickBooks Online as Sale invoices or Sales Receipts. Please select the appropriate option for your business.
- Original Customer / Customer's Organization / Generic Online Sale Customer - Most Accounting systems require a customer record to be specified when a sales invoice is created. This particular option allows you to choose the nature of the customer record that is being created. The default option is Original Customer, however, if your Etsy customers specify a company name and you prefer to have that appear within your QuickBooks Online instead, then you can opt for the Customer's Organization option.
- Order Number Prefix - The prefix you input here is added to all orders retrieved from your Etsy account. For example: If you have order '1234' in Etsy and you add the prefix 'ETSY-' in the configuration, your order will be retrieved into QuickBooks Connector with the order number 'ETSY-1234' and sent to QuickBooks accordingly.
- Automatic Invoice Numbers - This option allows you to disregard the Etsy order number completely, and use the sequential numbering convention within your QuickBooks Online.
Map Tax Code
Here, for each tax created/defined in your Etsy, you must select its corresponding sales tax in your Accounting system. There are times tax rates aren't available during the setup process, if that happens, wait for an order to sync from Etsy so your tax rates will sync over and should be available in the tax mapping setting.
You can read more about the tax configuration here.
The Sold Item Should
The income account and expense account added here will be used by QuickBooks Connector for creating new service line items and to ensure all sales data from each order will be sent over to the corresponding accounts in QuickBooks Online.
Send Payments from WIX to Quickbooks Online
This will allow you to select whether you want payment data from Etsy to be registered against your sales within your Accounting system.
You can read more about how this works here. If you are unsure of which clearing accounts to use, please ask your accountant.
If you are happy with the workflow you have created, click on Save.
Your account is now ready to sync your data across your apps! When your auto-sync is on, your account should sync every hour but you can trigger manual sync anytime! Just click the Sync Now button on the Synchronization Options on top of your Manage tab!
Please never hesitate to reach out to our friendly support team for help at any point in time.