QuickBooks Connector typically has the ability to integrate stock levels between e-Commerce systems and QuickBooks Online. Stock Control features can often be a part of your QuickBooks Online. You must be on QuickBooks Plus subscription or higher in order to use the Inventory features.
NOTE: Please be aware that once the Stock level workflow is enabled, the next sync will overwrite and update your stocks in your eCommerce with the stock levels that are set up in your QuickBooks Online.
This works in the following process:
- QuickBooks Connector pulls product data from both e-Commerce and QuickBooks Online. This includes the SKU/Product Code and Product Name.
- QuickBooks Connector will then match products between the 2 systems based on SKU/Product Code
- If the stock level option is selected, QuickBooks Connector will check your QuickBooks Online for stock levels and then carry this across to the e-Commerce system.
- Going forward, your QuickBooks Online will alert QuickBooks Connector if there have been any stock level updates.
When a sale is made in the e-Commerce system, stock levels are processed in the following method:
- QuickBooks Connector pulls sales invoices from the e-Commerce system and pushes this to your QuickBooks Online.
- Your QuickBooks Online takes the sale along with the product data and re-calculates the stock levels internally.
- QuickBooks Connector detects the change in stock levels and passes these updates back to the e-Commerce system.
- QuickBooks Connector cannot pull stock levels from one e-Commerce system and push this to another e-Commerce system. The reason for this restriction is because there is no stock level control if a sale is made.
- QuickBooks Connector cannot pull stock levels, cost price, and tax details from e-Commerce systems and push this to QuickBooks Online products.
- QuickBooks Connector will only create products as inventoried in QuickBooks if the items from the e-Commerce system are set track/manage inventory. If the items are not set up to track inventory from e-Commerce, regardless of the setting, we will only create the products in QuickBooks as non-inventoried.
- If there were any manual changes done to stock levels within e-Commerce systems, these will only be overwritten when QuickBooks Connector receives new updates from Quickbooks Online.
The reason for this is because we do not get any notifications from the e-Commerce system when stock is manually updated. We will only trigger stock sync on that product if an update is detected in QuickBooks Online.