QuickBooks Connector typically has the ability to integrate stock levels between e-Commerce systems and QuickBooks Online. Stock Control features can often be a part of your QuickBooks Online.
This works in the following process:
- QuickBooks Connector pulls product data from both e-Commerce and QuickBooks Online. This includes the SKU/Product Code and Product Name.
- QuickBooks Connector will then match products between the 2 systems based on SKU/Product Code
- If the stock level option is selected, QuickBooks Connector will check your QuickBooks Online for stock levels and then carry this across to the e-Commerce system.
- Going forward, your QuickBooks Online will alert QuickBooks Connector if there have been any stock level updates.
When a sale is made in the e-Commerce system, stock levels are processed in the following method:
- QuickBooks Connector pulls sales invoices from the e-Commerce system and pushes this to your QuickBooks Online.
- Your QuickBooks Online takes the sale along with the product data and re-calculates the stock levels internally.
- QuickBooks Connector detects the change in stock levels and passes these updates back to the e-Commerce system.
- QuickBooks Connector cannot pull stock levels from one e-Commerce system and push this to another e-Commerce system. The reason for this restriction is because there is no stock level control if a sale is made.
- QuickBooks Connector cannot pull stock levels, cost price, and tax details from e-Commerce systems and push this to QuickBooks Online products.
- QuickBooks Connector will only create products as inventoried in QuickBooks if the items from the e-Commerce system are set track/manage inventory. If the items are not set up to track inventory from e-Commerce, regardless of the setting, we will only create the products in QuickBooks as non-inventoried.
- If there were any manual changes done to stock levels within e-Commerce systems, these will only be overwritten when QuickBooks Connector receives new updates from Quickbooks Online.
The reason for this is because we do not get any notifications from the e-Commerce system when stock is manually updated. We will only trigger stock sync on that product if an update is detected in QuickBooks Online.