Setup your OneSaas integration between Amazon Marketplace and QuickBooks Online within minutes using our simple setup process. Below is a step by step walkthrough, highlighting some useful key points throughout the process.
The configuration process below will present you with various options detailing exactly how you want your Amazon Marketplace and QuickBooks Online integration to work. Please be aware that we do expect you to have some basic accounting knowledge to make sure that the integration settings are tailored to your business and accounting practices.
1. You will be required to set up your Synchronization Options before you can start configuring your workflows. You need to set up the following:
- Account Timezone
- Integrations Starting Date
- Email Sync Report Options
2. You will be presented with workflows that are all optional. In this walkthrough, these workflows will be selected to demonstrate the full capabilities of the setup process.
- Sales from Amazon Marketplace will be sent to QuickBooks Online as an Invoice
- Stock Level Updates from QuickBooks Online will be sent to Amazon Marketplace
INVOICE CREATION WORKFLOW
When you tick the When an Order is created in Amazon Marketplace, create a Sale in QuickBooks Online workflow, you will be asked to:
- Set up the filters to determine which orders will be retrieved from Amazon Marketplace. You will have to set up the filters based on the Order Status
- Determine the Order Number Prefix to be used on your orders. The prefix you input here is added to all orders retrieved from your Amazon Marketplace account.
- You also have the option to select whether you want the sale to be created as Sales Invoice or Sales Receipt to QuickBooks Online.
- Click on the Advanced Options and set up the following:
- Assign Sales to Class / Assign Sales to Location - These two options allow you to choose a default Class or Location within your QuickBooks Online system. This is an option unique to QuickBooks Online, and only if you have set up Classes or Locations within your QuickBooks company file.
- Assign Sale to the - Most accounting systems require a customer record to be specified when a sales invoice is created. This particular option allows you to choose the nature of the customer record that is being created. The default option is Original Customer, however, if your Amazon Marketplace customers specify a company name and you prefer to have that appear within your accounting system instead, then you can opt for the Customer's Organization option. Alternatively, if you do not want any customer records to be created within your accounting system at all you can select the Generic Online Sale Customer option, this means all sales will be synced to your Accounting system against a generic "Amazon" customer record.
- Automatic Invoice Numbers - This option allows you to disregard the Amazon Marketplace order number completely, and use the sequential numbering convention within your accounting system.
- Discount Product - Similar to the Shipping item option above, you can specify a dedicated discount 'Item' so you can track your discounts on sales.
- Rounding Off Product - Select the preferred product to be used when sending rounding discrepancies as a line item.
- DueDate Offset - A due date type will be assigned if transactions do not have a due date. This is calculated using the transaction date, the Due Date Offset and the type specified. If not set, the transaction date is used as the due date.
- Allow Credit Card Payments - Tick this option if you want to allow credit card payments for the transactions.
- You can also select how you want to match your Amazon Marketplace products with your QuickBooks Online products. You can either match by Name or SKU. In order for sales to properly integrate with your accounting system, we expect that you have all of your Amazon Marketplace items set up with unique SKUs.
Please Note: With QuickBooks Online integrations, we have 2 product matching options:
NAME: We match the product's SKU field from Amazon Marketplace to the product's NAME field in QuickBooks Online
SKU: We match the product's SKU field from Amazon Marketplace to the product's SKU field in QuickBooks Online
- Additionally, if you want your items from Amazon Marketplace to be created in QuickBooks Online, just simply tick the box before the Create New Items in QuickBooks Online setting. In this section, you'll have to select the income and expense accounts to be used for your inventoried and non-inventoried items. You can find more information on the integration of items here.
- Then, the Send Payments from Amazon Marketplace to QuickBooks Online settings will allow you to select whether you want payment data from Amazon Marketplace to be registered against your sales within QuickBooks Online.
- If you want to map different payment methods to different clearing accounts, this can be done by clicking the Map Individual Payment Methods link:
- Do not forget to click the Save button to keep your progress.
STOCK UPDATE WORKFLOW
When you tick the When Stock Levels are updated in QuickBooks Online, update stock levels in Amazon Marketplace workflow, you will be asked to select how you want to match the items to QuickBooks Online items either by Name or SKU then click the Save button.
PLEASE NOTE: This option should only be enabled if you have stock levels set up in QuickBooks Online prior to the integration. Otherwise, you will risk wiping out your Amazon Marketplace stock levels. Click here to know more about our Stock Control process.
Voila! Your account is now ready to sync your data across your apps! When your auto-sync is on, your account should sync every hour but you can trigger manual sync anytime! Just click the Sync Now button on the Synchronization Options on top of your Manage tab!
If you have any questions, reach out to our friendly Support Team for help at any time.